Thursday, October 13, 2011

Advanced Inking - Final Project Designs

Thought I would share some character designs for the short story final project for Advanced Inking as a preview.

 
The main character of my story named Lyda, who is a struggling writer trying to write a good story (sometime I'm sure anyone can relate to). Interestingly, I had a completely different vision of her character for another story I've been trying to work on. But for now, she's been modernized for the purposes of the project.


And the Dragon, the main antagonist, found within Lyda's dream. My initial design of him was very generic and so a scrapped it and came up with a design motif of torn paper, broken pencil leads & nibs, and scribbles in order to emphasis the dragon as a representation of "creative block."

No comments:

Post a Comment