Friday, June 11, 2010

Plush - Toothless

As posted on my deviantart account and my livejournal post, I bring you TOOTHLESS! Took me a little over a week (about eleven days) to finish him and I'm happy with the results. Long story short, after seeing How to Train Your Dragon a few times, I wanted a plush of Toothless, but the official ones were not that appealing, not too mention one that was a little expensive. So I quickly decided to make one. After getting all the materials together and along with the help of Katy-A's tutorial and pattern, I got to work in creating him and his eyes. Over a week later, he's done!
I have to say, making him was fun and I will do the other dragons eventually, especially since I want to create Monstrous Nightmare and maybe a bigger Toothless plush. But that's a project for another time as I want to work on chibi plushes of my original characters plus I'm devoting some time to finish my City of the Ferrets novel and outline for all three books in The Guardians. Anyway, here's Toothless in all his glory.


Materials used: Black Minky cuddle plush fabric (from fabric.com), black felt, black thread, and stuffed with cluster stuff (most of his body) and poly pellets (his feet). His prosthetic tail is made from brown felt, velcro, and brown thread.
Pattern from: Katy-A on deviantart

No comments:

Post a Comment